Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Mixer Mania!

Take a drive out to Shafter, California. Drive through town, keep driving... a little further now, and just when you think you probably missed your turn, there it is! The Park Place - a unique venue with a romantic country vibe located in Shafter, California. It was also the meeting location for my first Kern County Bridal Association mixer. Mingling with other people in the local wedding industry was a lot of fun. It got me pysched to participate in my first bridal show in October and inspired some projects I will be sharing with you soon.

The photos I am sharing with you this evening were all taken at the mixer. A pond, complete with paddle boats and fountain, is responsible for the majority of the ambiance at the venue. I also thought the cowboy style men's and women's restrooms were adorably charming. However, my favorite thing was the bold red bench. Can't you just see an adorable couple dressed in vintage wedding attire posing on the bench together?

The doves and butterfly you see are courtesy of MaryAnn's Country.There was no way I would pass up an opportunity to get that close to doves and butterflies and not attempt to take their photo. I thought the live monarch displays were a super orginial idea for wedding decor, and MaryAnn breeds them herself. She was even kind enough to let me hold her sweet little dove and snap a photo with it. It was the nicest little bird, if it weren't for my cat, I would have tried to take it home!

No comments:

Post a Comment